UPDATE: The latest builds and instructions are now at the 32-bit Arm Chef Infra and Cinc Client Builds for Linux landing page.
Chef Infra Client 15.6.10 it’s time for new 32-bit ARM builds. All previous patches have been upstreamed, so these build right off of the master branch.
Chef LEDs Handler Cookbook
If you’re using these builds you might be interested in the LEDs Handler cookbook. At the beginning of the Chef client run the LEDs blink a heartbeat pattern and at the end of the client run the LEDs are disabled. If the Chef client run fails the LEDs all stay on. It’s pretty simple but it’s a fun notification that the nodes are converging.
If you want full instructions explained, here they are:
Please note the ld.so.preload instructions for Raspbian 10. Here are the updated single scripts to do a full build as the
Chef Infra 15.6.10
- CentOS: RPM-chef-15.6.10.sh and run
nohup bash RPM-chef-15.6.10.sh &
- Debian/Raspbian: DEB-chef-15.6.10.sh and run
nohup bash DEB-chef-15.6.10.sh &
tail -f nohup.out the output.
Chef Infra Client 15.6.10 32-bit ARM DEB and RPM Packages
- The 32-bit CentOS ARMv7hl package (Raspberry Pi 3 (A, A+, B+)):
- The 32-bit Raspbian ARMv6l packages (Raspberry Pi 1 series):
- The 32-bit Debian/Raspbian ARMv7l package (Raspberry Pi 3/4 series (Raspberry Pi 2 is untested but should work):